Bhumi is one of India's largest independent and youth volunteer non-profit organizations. Bhumi was founded on August 15, 2006, by a small group of young friends with a strong passion for changing society as it is today and building a better India for tomorrow. The organization provides socially conscious students and young professionals a platform to serve society and to bridge the gap between the learned and the unlearned through education. Our volunteers educate and mentor children from orphanages, slum, and village community centers in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Maharashtra, New Delhi, Rajasthan, etc. to give them a better future, which will benefit them as well as our country.
The learning experience is mutual. Our volunteers gain perspective and the experience to mold themselves into tomorrow's leaders. At Bhumi, we believe that our children and volunteers are the latent potentials that India needs for a bright and prosperous future.
About the work from home job/internship
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Interacting with an HM, teacher, or a student in a low-income school about
the challenges they face and document their findings
2. Completing the reading materials and taking part in organizational discussions
3. Debating on their understanding of the education ecosystem
4. Researching and proposing sustainable solutions to practical challenges faced in the school system
Who can apply
Only those candidates can apply who:
1. are available for the work from home job/internship
2. can start the work from home job/internship between 18th Feb'21 and 26th Mar'21
3. are available for duration of 3 weeks
4. have relevant skills and interests
1. Should be a graduate or will be graduating in 2021
Letter of recommendation
Flexible work hours
On successful completion, all interns will receive a certificate from Bhumi. The best
performing interns will have the opportunity to pursue a career in education through the Bhumi Fellowship.
The Bhumi Fellowship is a two-year, paid, full-time fellowship program for young graduates who want to improve the quality of education in India by transforming schools.
Number of openings