Teach for India, modeled on the lines of the Teach for America movement, is a nationwide movement in pursuit of educational equity in India. Teach for India recruits exceptional college graduates and professionals to work as full-time teachers in under-resourced schools for two years. Teach for India solicits leaders who will pilot the movement against educational inequity and begets the leaders of tomorrow. The Teach for India staff works relentlessly along with the fellows to pioneer the movement. By enlisting our country's most promising future leaders in our work, we directly support our mission of building a movement of leaders who will end educational inequity. Ultimately, we are driven by two goals: our short-term goal of putting students on a different life path and our long-term goal of building a strong alumni base to advocate for our students and work to eliminate the educational achievement gap.
The intern works with the fellow to ensure and enable regular instructional hours. The work will primarily involve teaching/co-teaching with Fellow. The intern will be responsible for managing classroom needs and supporting the school team for any other extracurricular or academic needs.
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Take remedial classes twice/ Thrice a week.
2. Ensuring timely completion of pre and post-work before classroom debriefs.
3. Doing 1:1 calls to students to boost up attendance.
4. Designing and correcting homework and async packets.
Only those candidates can apply who:
1. are available for the work from home job/internship
2. can start the work from home job/internship between 6th Apr'21 and 11th May'21
3. are available for duration of 2 months
4. have relevant skills and interests